PlacPic collects the following types of personally identifiable information:
- (I) User Provided Information: You may affirmatively provide PlacPic with certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) when participating in various activities on the Website.
- (III) Log File Information: PlacPic's servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit the Website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- (IV) Information Collected by "Clear GIFs": PlacPic may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons), which are used to track the online usage patterns anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, PlacPic may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, through a User Submission, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you make a User Submission, and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
If you have not opted out from receiving emails from PlacPic, it may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages. PlacPic also may use your email address for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Website changes or for customer service purposes). You cannot opt out of receiving emails for non-marketing or administrative purposes.
PlacPic uses aggregated information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends. In addition, PlacPic may use "cookies" clear gifs and log file information to deliver content (which may include third party advertisements) specific to your interests, and remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Website.
PlacPic will not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
PlacPic may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
PlacPic has implemented security measures to protect personally identifiable information collected on the Website against loss, misuse or alteration. In addition, your account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer. Moreover, despite the precautions described above, PlacPic cannot and does not guarantee that the individual user information you have transmitted will not be intercepted by others and/or decrypted or accidentally disclosed, and it accepts no liability for any unintentional disclosure. Special Note to International Users
- (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT,
- (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE,
- (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF PLACPIC'S SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN,
- (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE, AND/OR
- (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. MEMBEOX DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE PLACPIC WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND PLACPIC WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO, OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL PLACPIC BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING) OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
The Website is controlled and offered by PlacPic from its facilities in India. PlacPic makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.